Nyonbeor B

| map-marker Saint Paul, Minnesota

You have not processed our payment.

You have not processed our January, 2024 rent payment. Please do so as soon as possible. Our bank information remains the same. We need to set up automatic payment system once this payment clears my bank. So please process payment asap.No comments at this time.
Raynell Yfy
map-marker Three Chopt, Virginia

Terrible Company

Never Rent from these people. They will overcharge you and make any possible way to keep your security deposit.

I had the home I was staying in professionally cleaned as well as the carpet cleaned before move out. They charged me $276 for cleaning in the home and $250 for carpet cleaning for no reason. They are also charging me for a gas bill of over $420 that is not mine as I had gas in my name the whole time I lived there. If I dont get a response that fixes all these errors, I will be reporting them to the BBB and blasting them on any website possible.

Renter Beware!!! Rent is already high and they push it up even more with ridiculous fees. They charged $30 extra a month to provide filters for the home that were to be delivered, I never got one set the entire time I lived there. I went to Lowes and brought filters.

Do you think they offered reimbursement for that?? But are trying to charge me for the owners gas bill or a past resident.

No worries, my lawyer is on line 2!!! Would give a 0 if possible.

User's recommendation: Never Rent From them

Jennifer M Mke

Frauds

They are a terrible company. They are so rude and they never fix anything. Literally left me and my family with no air conditioning when the heat index was 120.

Victoria A Gci

Verified Reviewer

Still not solved. Hopefully somone reached out concerning my application. Its so stressing for me doing this. The person that refereed me say positive things about the company thats why am here, but I dont think l am lucky.

Preferred solution: Follow up! At least, treat me like human. Customer relation matters a lot.

RentersWarehouse

Hello Victoria, we attempted to locate you in our system with the name provided in your review. However, we do not have an applicant matching your name. Please contact our office at 844-793-**** and we will be happy to assist you.

Victoria A Ais

No one is turning up about my application

I applied 8th of June, and no one is reaching out to me. Have left so many emails,and messages to the property manager, yet no one is calling me about it.

I just want to know whats going on and how long its going to take. Im sorry if this doesnt meet you well but I have to do this because I didnt have enough time on my side. I dont want to be stranded with my kids on the street. Your property has been a dream to get(rent) but you guys are making it so hard for me.

Getting in touch with your customer always go a long way and feeding them with updates.

I will appreciate if I get a response. Thank you.

Preferred solution: To get updates on my application

User's recommendation: I don’t know yet, until I speak to someone.

RentersWarehouse

Victoria, we are sorry to hear you didn't have a better experience. We will take your feedback into account and work towards better communications.

Your application will remain active for a period of thirty days which you are able to use towards any property currently being listed by Renters Warehouse. With the name you provided on your review, we cannot locate you in our system.

Please give us a chance to look into the status of your application by contacting our office at 844-793-4948. We will be happy to assist you.

Victoria A Ais

No one is turning up about my application

The agent reached out, and got approved already. The problem I have now is the address to submit my security deposit. Where and how? No one is responding.

Preferred solution: Information

RentersWarehouse

Victoria, please contact our office at 844-793-**** and we will be happy to assist you.

Mark B Kkd

Verified Reviewer

Mislead by dishonest sales pitch

I was considering using renters warehouse to manage my rental property in Phoenix. After several phone calls and eventually an in person meeting with Michael Ray from renters warehouse everything seemed pretty good.

Their services were presented to me as a $99 a month flat fee for managing my property and he explained to me how they write a rock solid 11 page lease and help find tenants if we need a tenant. And talk about how quickly they can find a tennant. I was ready to move ahead as I was wanting to get away from managing my own rental and turn it over to a professional. I had my existing tenants apply and pay the $110 application fee.

When it came time to sign the management contract I read the contract and was surprised to see all the extra fees charged in addition to the "$99 flat fee" that was pitched to me.

$199 start up fee, $350 fee to write a lease. 1 months rent ($2500) to find a new tennant. $350 to renew and existing lease. Suddenly the "$99 flat fee" is no where near $99.

Now to me a "flat fee" should be inclusive of all of the services Michale told me we're provided. And not have all of these extras. I spoke with him and told him I felt mislead and that he was not honest with me and he just says "well I'm sorry" and when I asked if he would refund the application fees I was told know. I just feel I should go out of my way to warn others about this company's unethical sales tactics.

It is quite obvious from reading these reviews that the tenants are quite unhappy with Renters Warehouse' ability to manage a rental property but I thought it should be known that they are also misleading the property owners.

I wish I had read these reviews sooner. Had they refunded my tenants application fees I would have just walked away.

User's recommendation: Stay away

Landlords Nightmare

I'm a first time landlord with a beautiful property, all new appliances and flooring with updated and repainted inside and out. Renters Warehouse placed new tenants in the building that can't pay at first then the tenants spilled that they spent the money for their wedding instead of rent. Spent six months with late payments and now I haven't seen a payment in 4 months, while I still have to pay a mortgage on the property. Renters Warehouse has poor customer service, you can never get a person on the phone and text messages never answer your questions. I've got freeloaders living free on my property and they don't care. They blame the COVID-19 laws and wash hands of all responsibility. Lesson learned: if you want to live in a house and not pay rent, use Renters Warehouse.
Loss:
Pros:
  • Steal your money
Cons:
  • Always supported the deadbeat renter

User's recommendation: AVOID AT ALL COSTS

RentersWarehouse

Hello, we are sad to hear we did not provide you with the best possible experience. We are known for taking ownership and caring deeply for our clients, please reach out to our office with your concerns at 844-793-4948 and we will be happy to assist you.

Resolved
Deborah D Fdq

| map-marker Las Vegas, Nevada

Resolved: Attempting to change a lease AFTER it has been signed and started

Updated by user Oct 16, 2021

The lease was put back to the way it should have been all along. I was happy to finally have someone listen to me and actually hear what I was saying (BIG THANK YOU to Laura Hartman!) all has been resolved even down to the silly $9.00 fee that shouldn't have been there to begin with.

Renters Warehouse needs LESS Ryan's and MORE Laura's! Just be sure to always READ what you sign!.

Updated by user Oct 12, 2021

I was contacted by a Ryan with RW who said he researched the case and they were attempting to “correct” an error on the lease about the pet deposit. He attempted to say it was a decimal point in the wrong place and I was incorrect about what they were trying to do.

I agreed to look over the paper again, even though I knew what I read the first time and IF I agreed to it I would remove my complaint(s). This time they wanted to move our “refundable” pet deposit over to our regular security deposit, but the increase of the security deposit was not noted anywhere else in the lease. Can you say $900.00 *poof - gone*! Then at any point they could say “we decided you can’t have your pets”, if we keep them we would then be charged an EXTRA NON-REFUNDABLE pet deposit!!!

Seriously??? Now we are into what I like to call “DOUBLE DIPPING”! I did NOT bother to contact Ryan nor have I removed ANY complaints as I believe potential clients should be made aware of exactly WHO they are dealing with! We received a notice from RW that our issue had been resolved and closed.

I made sure I notified them that if by “resolved” that the lease AS SIGNED would be allowed to play out without any changes made after the fact, then yes it was resolved. I do not kid myself this WILL BE the end of our residency in this house after 11 years.

This is what you get with corporate America today,”give us all your money and get out!” The ONLY resolution to this case is we will be allowed to finish out THIS lease as is. The harassment has stopped finally.

Original review Sep 10, 2021
After the lease renewal was signed; printed at the end of Aug. this year and the new rent amount with 2 different fees were paid for Sept.

a week later wanting us to initial a change on the lease converting a $900.00 REFUNDABLE - to a NON-Refundable pet deposit!!

After over 10 years renting this place and 3 different rental companies I thought the absolute LOWEST they could go was with this new renewal want $9.00 of the $900.00 "Pet Retainer Fee' but NOPE! Now they want the whole thing even though they KNOW my dog has not harmed a thing!
Pros:
  • Collect the money for rents and the repairs
  • Are adequate
Cons:
  • Keep trying to steal refundable deposits

Preferred solution: To be able to finish this lease that we just started under the terms we and the owner signed for and we have already paid one month into it.

User's recommendation: RUN AWAY!!! They will keep grabbing for different "FEES" they make up.

John T Urg

| map-marker Phoenix, Arizona

VERY poor performance

I am mostly upset with myself for continuing on with this company for almost 2 1/2 years before I finally got enough of their BS and poor or non- existing responses to requests or help with rental prospects. I am having a very difficult time trying to get my deposits and money owed at the termination of my contract
Pros:
  • Michael ray
Cons:
  • Poor performance

Preferred solution: Deliver product or service ordered

User's recommendation: Stay away from this company!

RentersWarehouse

John, we are sorry to hear that we have disappointed you. With the name you provided on your review, we cannot locate you in our system.

Please give us a chance to look into the issues you mentioned and address any concerns. We are known for taking ownership and caring deeply for our clients, please reach out to our office at 844-793-4948 and we will be happy to assist you.

angela h Qzz
map-marker Forest Lake, Minnesota

Just not ok

Hello I scheduled to see a property the realtor canceled the appointment that morning but sent video and was out sick it had taken more than a day to even get a response. Once the response and video of property came she said to fill out application and pay fees and thats what we did she then told me the next day that the property rented. When asked initially it was open she got sick and surprise it rented the following day. We paid application fees for nothing she said she told me to email or text her first i did so no response. We didnt want the property to rent as we like it very much so sent the application in it was never processed as she rented the home and when asked if there was anything else available she said no but she had something 40 miles away. I told her no thank you and expected that we would get the $110 in application fees back she said we wouldnt i was upset and asked why and so on. She has stopped communicating and I would much rather get the fees back and call it good. She texted me the day after we requested the refund and said the home we wanted was still availible that the renters fell through we had already told her we went elsewhere and accepted a rental. Again she will not respond. I cannot imagine that a company of this size is willing to take $110 in application fees when he applications were never processed i expect we will get them refunded rather than having to fight for them in the midst of such hard and difficult times for people. I have all of the conversation documented and ready to continue to take further steps to recover the fees. I am incredibly disappointed that this is an issue at all and expect to have a response on this matter immediately. Best regards in this difficult time.
RentersWarehouse

We are sorry to hear that we have disappointed you. Unfortunately, This review site does not include your name.

Due to this, we cannot locate you in our system and look into the issues you mentioned in your review. Each rental property will continue to be shown and accept applications until an applicant has been approved and hold funds have been submitted. Each individual homeowner determines whether or not to accept an applicant. The application itself does clearly indicate that in the event that your application is rejected, that the application fee will not be refunded.

However, if you so choose, you can have the application transferred over to a different property. We would still like to discuss your experience, please contact our office at 844-793-4948 and we will be happy to assist you.

William F Egc

Overcharge black mold

Updated by user Oct 14, 2020

4116 Palmetto Bay dr, Elkton Fl

Original review Oct 14, 2020
we rented a home in Elkton FL through renters warehouse. When we moved in the wood floor was buckled - the AC did not work well- some blinds were broken - several ceiling fans did not work- the house was infested with roaches in the walls and there were spider webs in the ceilings.

They said the floor would go down (it did some)- AC was serviced, and they reimbursed us for several fans we bought. rwh provided an exterminator, but he was ineffective due to the severity of infestation. He kept trying. The blinds were never repaired.

AC went out many times for days with only patches made. While making a repair to the guest bath toilet their workman broke a water line and water ran full force until they turned off the water at the road. The house was flooded inside. They mopped up with our towels ran a small shop vac and turned on a fan - no carpet cleaning or dehumidifier.

Carpet soured and black mold developed as confirmed by their mold remediation specialist. They did not have the mold remediated by professionals - too expensive. The AC went out and the AC company replaced the unit. Upon repair the switch that cuts off the AC if the drain is clogged was not connected, so we had another flood .

This caused damages to our belongings. rwh refused to reimburse for loss they caused. The black mold flared up again and this contributed to putting me in the hospital. We decided we had to break the lease and move out as soon as we could find another place.

An agreement was reached with the owner through rwh that we would forfeit our deposit in lieu of any cancellation fees. They declined to pay for any of our damages and that was to be the total with us owing nothing else except to pay rent as long as we were there. We have now moved out and here comes rwh with a tremendously inflated bill for damages that included the blinds - clean up roach bait and poison replacement of carpet (they alleged from cat urine, but we do not have a cat it was from the rwh floods) charge to take down light fixture where we had replaced a bad fan (no charge from us). In short rwh wanted to rebuild the rental from damages of rwh making or responsibility and make huge overcharges doing it.

Now they say this is the owners decision and nothing can be done. rwh is an incompetent crocked company.

Stay away from this management company. rwh seeks to over change me for things they did or for which rwh has direct responsibility.
Pros:
  • Absolutely no pros
  • Location
Cons:
  • Very poor maintenance
  • Over charge for things they do or are their responsibility
  • Overcharge

Preferred solution: drop all current charges

User's recommendation: do not do business with renters warehouse

RentersWarehouse

We are sorry to hear you experienced maintenance issues with your home. Generally speaking, when you submit a maintenance request we will troubleshoot with you.

We do have to have the homeowner's approval for any maintenance request before moving forward with repairs. Remember, this is their property and they may incur the cost. After approval, we’ll work to dispatch a contracted quality vendor. The homeowner chooses the vendor.

The vendor will contact you directly to schedule time to be at the home. We keep you posted of any key changes during each request. Please be advised that any and all deductions from the security deposit at the time of move-out has been made at the discretion of the homeowner, not Renters Warehouse. The move-in condition and the move-out conditions are considered by the homeowner when determining your return amount.

The disposition manager spoke with you after you had concerns with the charges that the homeowner assessed. You provided our office your written dispute of the security deposit. The disposition manager was able to send your dispute to the homeowner for their determination.

Upon review, the property owner feels the amounts withheld are justified and no adjustments will be made. This is the property owner’s final decision and, unfortunately, there is no further action that Renters Warehouse can take on your behalf in regards to this dispute.

HELEN J Ssa

Want out of Lease: Unsafe here and Unethical and Unfair

Renters Warehouse - Want out of Lease: Unsafe here and Unethical and Unfair
Renters Warehouse - Want out of Lease: Unsafe here and Unethical and Unfair - Image 2

This property management company is extremely negligent, irresponsible and extremely disorganized, resulting in terrible and unfair living conditions to the tenant. I was denied a move-in inspection walk-thru on the day I moved into the property, due to social distancing.

If I was afforded the right to inspect the property on a deeper than surface level, I would not have moved in.

The property came with multiple problems, varying from basic service/cleanliness maintenance to plumbing issues/leaks/floods to appliances being broken to safety requirements such as gates and fences in backyard missing and back door being inoperable.

This company requires all communication to be made via their online portal, and upon move-in when problems became apparent, I tried to set up an account via their portal system but was denied because they couldn't find my name on the lease to the property, even though I had already given them over $3000 in deposits and fees and signed a lease weeks prior. They have now addressed my name on lease associated to the property as well as a few other property issues, but they have also denied some complaints.

$2000
Pros:
  • Absolutely no pros
Cons:
  • Cracks and holes
  • Lack of responsiveness to maintenance issues
  • Unsafe condition of the property

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution

User's recommendation: DO NOT RENT FROM RENTERS WAREHOUSE

Real Estate Expert Talks

What Do Property Management Companies Do @ Interview with Property Management Expert

Nov 27, 2020

Property management companies: What do they do? How much do they charge? Do you need one? Find answers in an interview with Colby Hager, a real estate investor, and expert who share his experience with property management companies.

Read full article
Colby Hager
Colby Hager

Colby Hager is an experienced real estate investor with Capstone Homebuyers. He has years of experience in renovating houses, home remodeling, and property management.

Charles W Gyq
map-marker Henderson, Nevada

Run around

I am not sure what is up with them. They send me houses they look great on paper.

I book a showing. I guarantee you within an hour, a message will arrive. Tennant issues can not show at this time will rebook. But apply now to get it when its ready.

Then you will get an email for the rebook, saying the house is ready to view, and to confirm the appointment. And shortly after you do that, another saying sorry house is now rented. Had this happen for the 4th time, a new house showed up. Now having had the previous 3 fall through.

I went through the entire process of applying for it. This will be the 3rd time having paid them $90. Get confirmation of the application, told it will process on Monday since its a weekend. Get notice of the credit hit.

Then at 8pm get an email to please conform the showing for the Monday morning. And then an hour later sorry house is rented.. So how did a house go to being listed on Saturday Morning.. a showing booked for Monday morning.

Told they cant process applications until the Monday. And then suddenly at 10pm on Sunday night a its rented message. Previous house alerts saying rented later show up for rent a few days later again. I am starting to wonder, if they are just playing a came of collecting rental application fee's over and over and over.

The one that was a new listing? a search showed it had been listed for rent multiple times over 2 months and then pulled.

Not willing to keep paying them to see a house and not be able to see it.

User's recommendation: Avoid them

Guest

Same thing happened to us. Complete run around but they had NO problem taking our application fee. We will not be using them and I will most definitely make sure to let others know what a scam they are running.

reply icon Replying to comment of Guest-2014243

We are sorry to hear you had such a difficult time. Each rental property will continue to be shown and accept applications until an applicant has been approved and hold funds have been submitted.

The homeowner determines whether or not to accept an applicant.

Your application will remain active with for a period of thirty days which you are able to use towards any property currently being listed by Renters Warehouse. Please contact our office at 844-793-4948 and we will be happy to assist you.

View more comments (1)
map-marker Anoka, Minnesota

Cancellation inquiry

Renters Warehouse is quality company that provides service to renters and owners.

User's recommendation: Take time to read and understand the contract.

Featured
James G Imm

Lease end after flawless rental term of 18 months

Renters Warehouse - Lease end after flawless rental term of 18 months
Renters Warehouse - Lease end after flawless rental term of 18 months - Image 2
Renters Warehouse - Lease end after flawless rental term of 18 months - Image 3

We had full approval by the landlord David Valure to fix and repair whatever within reasonable liability. We put a total of 4008.00 in materials and time!

Valure always stopped by for review of the work and said he was very happy how much do I owe you? It was all setup for rental credits which Mr Valure gave us at the beginning once on front garage replacement lights even Jay H. At the Hammond wi office told us we had rental credits coming to us. Now the 18 month lease is up renters warehouse and the landlord David Valure won't credit us unless we renew another year lease at 12.4% over the going rate for the equivalent size home.

This in legal terms is called coercion. We have pictures a full detailed spreadsheet, and better yet all the communications in detail texes, email etc Thank God we were warned by the previous renters!

Preferred solution: Full refund

User's recommendation: Don't sign electronically ever! Renters Warehouse can change the terms and block copies

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content
  • PissedConsumer is on the Inc. 5000 list

For more information read Blog article